BMW Diesel Technology - Saturday, January 26, 2019 - Orlando, FL
For anyone in the great state of Florida, or anyone wanting an excuse to not scrape ice of your windshield for a couple days! Worldpac is putting on a BMW Diesel class in Orlando this weekend and still has some spots open. You can sign up here.
- BMW Diesel Vehicles from 2009 to present
- The mechanical designs of both generations, M57 and N57, of the inline six cylinder BMW diesel engines
- Mechanical design changes for the four cylinder N47 engines
- Common Rail Fuel System: Components Operation, and Diagnostics. Low and high pressure delivery, fuel heating, piezo injectors and system bleeding
- Glow plug system common failures and repair
- Operation and diagnosis of air management and EGR
- Diagnosis and repair of carbon build up in intakes system
- Operation of air charge control and characteristic differences between twin turbo and variable geometry turbo systems
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) evaluation. Diagnosis, repair, preventative maintenance and pre failure detection
- Diesel Exhuast Fluid (DEF) what is it, why do we need it?
- First and second generations of Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) operational principles, servicing and troubleshooting
This class is taught by Eric Scharping. I have known Eric and have been taking his classes since the early days of my career. His teaching style is both informative and entertaining! Eric has been working on BMWs exclusively for most of his life and is currently doing tech support for Autologic. I don't think there is a single component on these vehicles that he has not been a part of diagnosing and repairing.