SkyCurrent - Seeking Lead Prototype and Fabrication Mechanic in San Francisco, CA
Diagnostic Network Community,
I am reaching out is because the company I work for, …, is currently hiring on the prototyping/mechanical side of the company. We have learned that technicians with automotive backgrounds have an innate ability to solve challenging problems, model complex systems visually, fabricate custom solutions, and troubleshoot extremely well. I would like to connect with those whom are interested and discuss how you may be able to play a valuable role on our mechanical team. … is a high-rise robotic window cleaning company. Our goal is to make the world a safer place, by modernizing an antiquated industry through robotics.
We meet people where they are. What's most important is good people, who have a passion to learn more, who want to take their unique skill set and advance their career in the robotics industry. Whatever you know or don't know is less important than your capacity for future growth. If interested, please do not hesitate to reach out at the following email address: ….
- Some technical expertise in mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and fabrication
- Proficiency with common shop equipment and tools including drills, grinders, presses, saws, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate issues clearly
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Comfortable adapting and learning new concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- In-house maintenance, repair and upgrades of our current and future robotic systems
- Fabricate and design for custom solutions/assemblies
- Provide input on manufacturing processes
- Inspect new equipment for defects, troubleshoot, and suggest replacing as needed
- Taking ideas to prototype and then iterating upon them
- Sourcing components in design
- Report to multi-functional teams to address assembling, manufacturing, field operations, and building concerns
- Build trusted relationships with team members and relevant customers
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area
- Validate production equipment
- Design and build-out of in-house fabrication shop capabilities
- City: San Francisco
- Neighborhood: Dogpatch
- Salary: $100k - $120k
- Sign on bonus
- Bonuses based on milestones
- Stock options
Links to videos of our system in action;
First off, why the downvotes? I would tell my students at the beginning of the semester that just because they had trained to be a mechanic, doesn't mean that would be their only option. With a good understanding of the basics (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and computer control) a good automotive mechanic can switch to hundreds of different careers. I guess I could see being a little miffed…
I'd apply in a heartbeat if I was single and didn't have deep roots where I am. Sounds stimulating., plus it's a good jumping off to a new career.
If anything changes, do not hesitate to reach out! Also if you would like to refer anyone to us we would be more than happy to give them an interview. Thanks!
You are absolutely right! Automotive mechanics possess such a diverse skillset that their abilities and competencies overlap with many different domains. Regarding industry poaching, we do our best to offer compensation packages above market rate for experienced folks and always allow room for growth along with opportunities for them to define their own success. I would love to connect with…
I am available if opportunities avail them selfs always..
Hello Derrick, thank you for reaching out! I would be more than happy to connect with you and discuss the opportunity in further detail. Please reach out at the following email address: …