Upcoming Online Event: Engine Mechanical Testing Techniques
Engine Mechanical Testing Techniques
Live online class presented by John Thornton
Dates: Tuesday September 21 & Thursday September 23
Time: 7 PM – 9 PM CST both nights
Cost: $100 (limited time discount!)
Two fast & effective diagnostic tests to find mechanical problems are cranking current and cranking vacuum. Many technicians do not perform these because of old habits, lack of a step-by-step process, or not knowing what to do with the test results.
This class will guide you in finding mechanical problems using easy tests that can be performed in a short time span using tools most shops already have.
- The basics: disable fuel and set sync probe
- Cranking current & cranking vacuum testing
- The step-by-step process on setting up your scope to perform both tests
- How to interpret the test results and where to go from there
- Learn the value of piston position charts and engine relationship charts
- Why go to in-cylinder testing when you don’t have to?
- Tips on inexpensive tooling
We will provide you with the know-how to perform these tests and how to interpret the results. With a little practice you will see your testing speed, interpretation efficiency and confidence in finding mechanical problems dramatically increase.
What you get with each purchase:
- All shop employees can watch live event in their own locations.
- Unlimited video access after the event concludes through your … account. This means when you buy it, you can watch it whenever you want and as many times as you want.
- Question & answer session during live broadcasts
- An indexed PDF manual that provides easy access to known good scope captures and specifications.
How it will work:
- This is a full-length class delivered over two nights. Each broadcast will start promptly at 7 PM CST.
- On the day of each broadcast an email will be sent an hour before the event begins including how to join the event.
- After the broadcast ends your digital copy along with the PDF manual will be found in your … account under “premium videos”
If you have any questions please give us a call at … or email: